[PVE-User] ceph-volume binary missing in Quincy ceph-osd package

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Tue Nov 22 11:15:54 CET 2022

On November 22, 2022 11:03 am, Uwe Sauter wrote:
> Am 22.11.22 um 11:00 schrieb Fabian Grünbichler:
>> On November 22, 2022 10:52 am, Uwe Sauter wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> looks like that ceph-volume is missing in the current Quincy ceph-osd package.
>>
>> it got its own package now: ceph-volume
>>
>> but it seems that is only recommended by ceph-osd, so depending on apt settings
>> it gets pulled in or not..
>>

> Hi Fabian,
>
> looks like the package metadata is wrong then as apt-file still thinks that it belongs to ceph-osd.
> And "pveceph install" didn't pull it in either.

well, it's simply incomplete. apt-file relies on separate, optional metadata
(Contents indices) that PVE repos don't have. so you get the result based on the
ceph-osd package from the main Debian repo ;)

> I'll install the package manually.

yes, that works. I'll double check whether there is some check missing (for new
`pveceph install` calls, the package is added to the set of packages to be
installed if quincy is selected) or if we can adapt some other dependency to get
it pulled in on upgrades.