[PVE-User] VMs hung after live migration - Intel CPU

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Wed Nov 16 12:31:13 CET 2022

Hi,

A new kernel 5.15.74-1 is out, and I saw that a TSC bug fix prepared by
Fiona (thanks a lot!) was there, so I just tried it out:

Ryzen 1700 5.13.19-6-pve -> Ryzen 5900X 5.15.74-1-pve : migrations OK
Ryzen 5900X 5.15.74-1-pve -> Ryzen 1700 5.15.74-1-pve: linux migrations
failed, Windows OK

I noticed that in the VMs were something was logged to console, there
was no mention of TSC.

This time the error was (Debian 10 kernel):
PANIC: double fault, error_code: 0x0

Then a kernel panic, I have it in a screenshot if that can help.

I recall some floating point issue was reported, no idea if that has
been tracked.

I think there has been progress with the issues we are seeing in this
Ryzen cluster, although 5.15 kernel is unworkable yet with 5.15.74...

Cheers