[PVE-User] Strange problem on bridge after upgrade to proxmox 7

Simone Piccardi piccardi at truelite.it
Fri May 20 14:21:39 CEST 2022

On 19/05/22 21:06, Alwin Antreich wrote:
> Have you seen this section in the upgrade guide?
> https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_6.x_to_7.0#Linux_Bridge_MAC-Address_Change

Yes, I read that one, and it got me some headache, but not in these
server. Thanks anyway for the answer.

The upgrade was done fine for all the server of the cluster (the
external one was installed directly with 7), their machine-id are all
different and network communication between hosts has no problems.

> In our case, we had an identical machine-id on two of our hosts and that killed the network for both.

The problem I got is just between this specific host and the VM it is
hosting (also between VM on the same network in other hosts and the ones
inside this server, but that just because these are unreachable from the
host itself).

Simone
--
Simone Piccardi                                 Truelite Srl
piccardi at truelite.it (email/jabber)             Via Monferrato, 6