[PVE-User] Proxmox backup server and SMR disks

Fabrizio Cuseo f.cuseo at panservice.it
Thu Mar 31 12:13:48 CEST 2022

Hello Eneko.

Disclaimer: I am replacing all EFAX (smr drives), but some of my customers don't wont to spend other money.

I know that performance is really bad, but the very big problem is that ZFS can't resilver a SMR drive, because it will be considered faultly. I am trying to make a resilver disabling write cache with hdparm, but i think that i will need a month to complete it :)

--
---
Fabrizio Cuseo - mailto:f.cuseo at panservice.it
Direzione Generale - Panservice InterNetWorking
Servizi Professionali per Internet ed il Networking
Panservice e' associata AIIP - RIPE Local Registry
Phone: +39 0773 410020 - Fax: +39 0773 470219
http://www.panservice.it  mailto:info at panservice.it
Numero verde nazionale: 800 901492