[PVE-User] Issue with DNS name

Ed Asp edasbugs at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:10:17 CET 2022

Hi team, I really like the ProxMox product. I am an enthusiast building my lab at home. A couple of points:

  1.  Would like to report an issue with Turnkey templates for LXC CT:

I downloaded and created a CT based on the template GITEA 16.1-1 turnkey. The functionality was working as expected using the IP address of the server (log-in, UI was working, links, etc). However, I had trouble with: name resolution of the gitea server.
  -When pinging by IPV4 it will respond - no issues
  -When pinging by hostname, it will respond with IPV4 (during 5 or 10 minutes) then will respond with IPV6
  -When pinging by hostname.domain it will show error: Ping request could not find host serverCTlab. Please check the name and try again.

On the other hand, I created a VM based Ubuntu virtual machine. It had no issues resolving the pings:
  -When pinging by IPV4 it will respond - no issues
  -When pinging by hostname, it will respond with IPV4 all the time - no issues
  -When pinging by hostname.domain it will respond with IPV4 all the time - no issues

I did troubleshooting on the CT:
  -I tried changing the network settings of the CT and also the Proxmox host with no success.
  -I tried changing the Network setting for CT to IPV6 static. No success

Seems the turnkey templates for CT are not able to pull the DNS (name and domain) from the host. Similar thing happened with CT called: fileserver 16.1-1 . Probably some other process interrupts the DNS (Webmin or confconsole or something else??)

Please fix the issue
Thank you,
Eddy