[PVE-User] Trim and ZFS pools on SSD...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Thu Jan 20 11:55:29 CET 2022

I've asked this some month ago, eg i've asked if there's in PVE some
'framework' to enable trim for SSD ZFS pools. At that time the reply was no.

Now seems arrived, seems a standard debian feature for 'zfsutils-linux': at
the crontab /etc/cron.d/zfsutils-linux :

 # TRIM the first Sunday of every month.
 24 0 1-7 * * root if [ $(date +\%w) -eq 0 ] && [ -x /usr/lib/zfs-linux/trim ]; then /usr/lib/zfs-linux/trim; fi

and /usr/lib/zfs-linux/trim script seems to automatically trim every pool
that have not 'autotrim' enabled and have defined the custom property:

	org.debian:periodic-trim

but i've not found info on debian and PVE documentation.

Someone can confirm that? I've simply to do something like:

	zpool set org.debian:periodic-trim=yes rpool

Thanks.

--
  Ogni giorno un sistemista Nt si sveglia... e sa che dovrà lavorare.
  Ogni giorno un sistemista Linux si sveglia... alle 13.00, per il pranzo.