[PVE-User] Proxmox and ZFS on large JBOD ?

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Mon Jan 10 15:32:19 CET 2022

IMHO, you want TrueNAS, not Proxmox, to solve this problem.

Ultimately, the problem is SystemD's notion of dependencies and timeouts, which Proxmox+OpenZFS still relies on.

Source: I have a Debian 10 system with 29 storage devices, 24 of which are multipathed, and have had to edit & override various systemd settings to get it to boot cleanly, reliably.
-Adam