PBS live restore lvm-thin/sparse issue

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Wed Feb 16 13:56:03 CET 2022

Hi all,

I'm preparing some scenarios for a PBS lab to be held tomorrow, and
found something interesting.

I have a brand-new installed Windows Server 2019 backed up in PBS,
encrypted. This is a test VM, with only 40GB of disk.

If I restore it to default local-lvm storage, everything is as expected
and only about 5GB of actual space is used.

If I live-restore it to the same storage, then a full 40GB of actual
space used. It's like in live-restore mode sparse blocks aren't properly
processed.

Is this a known issue? I don't see any mention in the docs:
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#vzdump_restore

PVE and PBS are latest ISO versions.

Cheers

      EnekoLacunza

CTO | Zuzendari teknikoa

Binovo IT Human Project

	943 569 206 <tel:943 569 206>

	elacunza at binovo.es <mailto:elacunza at binovo.es>

	binovo.es <//binovo.es>

	Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2 izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun

youtube <https://www.youtube.com/user/CANALBINOVO/>
	linkedin <https://www.linkedin.com/company/37269706/>