[PVE-User] New Disk on one node of Cluster.

Сергей Цаболов tsabolov at t8.ru
Wed Feb 16 10:54:38 CET 2022

Hi Eneko,

16.02.2022 12:33, Eneko Lacunza пишет:

> Hi Sergey,
>
> So, does this really make sense? If you put the new 2 disks in node7
> in a pool, that data won't be able to survive node7 failure.

You are right, if 7 node is failure data won't be able.

But I think about if 2 disks/2 osd ad on new pool and is shared on all
nodes.

> If you're trying to benchmark the disks, that wouldn't be a good test,
> because in a real deployment disk IO for only one VM would be worse
> (due to replication and network latencies).
Not only for one VM, I have 2 and more in future  Windows VM

> What IOPS are you getting in your 4K tests? You won't get near direct
> disk IOPS...
I need to test the host disk or the VM disk ?

> Did you try with multiple parallel VMs? Aggregate 4K results should be
> much better :)
I think about this way, maybe is work.

> Cheers
>
> El 16/2/22 a las 10:24, Сергей Цаболов escribió:
>>
>> Hi Eneko,
>>
>> 16.02.2022 11:58, Eneko Lacunza пишет:
>>> Hi Sergey,

>>> You are adding 2 additional disk in each node, right?
>> No, I add the new disk on node 7, not on each node of cluster.
>>>
>>> You can assign them to a new pool, creating custom crush rules.
>>
>> Yes this I know how is make new rules
>>
>> In one node I for test added 2 ssd disk and make the new rules|
>> |

>> |ceph osd crush rule create-replicated replicated_ssd default host
>> ssd  and with this rule I  make new pool vm.ssd
>> |

>>> Why do you want to use those disks for a different pool? What disks
>>> do you have now, and what disk are the new? (for example, are all
>>> HDD or SSD...)
>>
>> I want make new pool with HDD - SAS for specific storage of some
>> Windows Server VM.
>>
>> In existing pools :
>>
>> vm.pool  base pool for VM disks
>> cephfs_data  some disks and ISO and other datas
>> vm.ssd   new pool I make from 2 ssd disk
>>
>> I try to test the Windows Server disk speed for Read/Write and RND4K
>> Q32T1 with CrystalDiskMark 8.0.4x64
>>
>> If I configure the VM disk to Sata and SSD emulation,Cache: Write
>> back and Discard, Speed write/read is very good something like :
>>
>> SEQ1M Q8T1 1797.43/1713.07
>>
>> SEQ1M Q1T1 1790.77/1350.55
>>
>> but the RND4K Q32T1 and RND4K Q1T1 is not good, very small.
>>
>> After the test I think if I add 2 new disks,  configure is for
>> specific pool maybe my speed for  RND4K Q32T1 and RND4K Q1T1 maybe
>> they will get better
>>
>> Thank you
>>

>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Eneko Lacunza
>>> Zuzendari teknikoa | Director técnico
>>> Binovo IT Human Project
>>>
>>> Tel. +34 943 569 206 |https://www.binovo.es
>>> Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/user/CANALBINOVO
>>> https://www.linkedin.com/company/37269706/
>
> Eneko Lacunza
> Zuzendari teknikoa | Director técnico
> Binovo IT Human Project
>
> Tel. +34 943 569 206 |https://www.binovo.es
> Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun
>
> https://www.youtube.com/user/CANALBINOVO
> https://www.linkedin.com/company/37269706/

Sergey TS
The best Regard