[PVE-User] PBS datastore

nada nada at verdnatura.es
Mon Feb 7 10:55:18 CET 2022

hi Tonci
in case you do not have time and small disks
you may create 3 ZFS mirrors
so there will be for example
rpool for PVE
ctpool for CT/QM
datapool for backups

e.g. in your case
rpool and ctpool may be on 2disks (sda and sdb)
datapool will be on 2 disks (sdc and sdd)

during PVE installation you may select ZFS
allocate 2 disks in mirror and limit volume space to 300G
after installation you may see status
zpool list -v
fdisk -l /dev/sda
fdisk -l /dev/sdb
PVE will be probably installed at sda1,sda2,sda3 and sdb1,sdb2,sdb3
respectively
and rpool will be probably ZFS mirror over the partitions sda3 and sdb3

after that you may create partitions sda4 and sdb4 (type Solaris /usr &
Apple ZFS)
with zpool mirror over it
zpool create -f -o ashift=12 ctpool mirror /dev/sda4 /dev/sdb4

after installation you may dedicate the rest 2 disks for datastore
e.g.
zpool create -f -o ashift=12 datapool mirror /dev/sdc /dev/sdd

finally you will declare your PVE storage and you may start to play ;-)
hope it helps
Nada