PBS - dirty bitmaps and multiple PBS storagtes

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Fri Feb 4 16:14:15 CET 2022

Hi,

We have setup two PBS storages in a PVE cluster, one PBS is local and
the other PBS is remote.

We are doing this because we don't want the remote PBS to be able to
reach local LAN, so we can't use a Sync in remote PBS.

Setup is working fine, but I noticed that dirty-bitmap is being
recreated each time a backup is performed (both backups are daily).

Would it be possible for PVE to create dirty-bitmaps per backup
storage/PBS storage? That would make this kind of setups more efficient
(much less disk read and CPU use during backups).

Cheers

Eneko Lacunza
Zuzendari teknikoa | Director técnico
Binovo IT Human Project

Tel. +34 943 569 206 |https://www.binovo.es
Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun

https://www.youtube.com/user/CANALBINOVO
https://www.linkedin.com/company/37269706/