[PVE-User] Virtual Hosts Cannot Resolve Domain Names

nada nada at verdnatura.es
Tue Apr 26 09:28:54 CEST 2022

hi Brenda
a month ago we had similar problem at one Proxmox node.
Virtuals CT/QM with static IP were connected
but CT/QM with DHCP IP were not connected because of DHCP offer timeout.
The problem was with Mellanox netcards which were configured as bond via
LACP (802.3ad).
There was "illegal loopback" error at syslog

Situation here was solved by
* temporal reconfig bond from LACP to active-backup and CT/QM were OK
* check firmware for Mellanox netcard related to HPE Proliant server
*
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00100988en_us&docLocale=en_US
* new firmware installation
* network reconfig back to LACP
* testing reboot, QM/CT, connectivity OK

You may check your syslog at proxmox node, at DNS/DHCP server and at
relevant switch
to find out where is your problem
all the best
Nada