[PVE-User] Disk performance test guidance...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Sun Apr 24 19:56:35 CEST 2022

In a set of servers (some brand new dell T440 with 64GB or RAM, 2 500M SSD
ZFS Raid 1, three 4TB HDD in ZFS raid3) we are catching some performance
issue, eg in some operation we catch 10/20 MB/s maximal performance, with
load that go sky high (load 40).

An example: a couple of identical servers, connected via single gigabit
connection.
I've setup on server B a NFS server on HDD ZFS pool, then a NFS type storage
(on both servers, they are clustered).

I've copied from my PC a PVE VM backup, roughly 500GB of data, via NFS to
server B: 80-90 MB/s, load 2-4.

I've restored the VM on server A, thus *reading* data fron NFS, and
restoring again on HDD ZFS pool on server A: 10-20 MB/s transfer rate, load
at 40.

This make no sense to me. As subject say, there's some 'Disk performance test
guidance' document, so i can test and find the bottleneck?

Thanks.

--
  Consolatevi! Sul sito http://www.sorryeverybody.com migliaia di americani
  chiedono scusa al mondo per la rielezione di Bush.	(da Cacao Elefante)