[PVE-User] PowerEdge R440 & watchdog timer

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Fri Apr 15 18:00:27 CEST 2022

On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 18:17:26 +0300
Сергей Цаболов <tsabolov at t8.ru> wrote:

> Thank you for answer.
>
> Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the timeout value is quite
> small.
>
> If node lost connection after 2 min is go to reboot is good
> practices, I won't argue with you, maybe you're right.

For the last 10 years I have been using Proxmox I have not have a lost
connection to a server for over 1 sec without it being intentionally
but if your circumstances is another usecase I would go for stackable
switches I have a port for either switch connected to my servers and
UPS control for all my servers.

Loosing connection to a server for more than 1 sec can only mean
hardware failure or loss of power.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xD3C9A00E
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE501F51C
mir <at> miras <dot> org
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE3E80917
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
(Never thought I'd be telling Malcolm and Ilya the same thing... :-)
		-- Larry Wall in <199711071819.KAA29909 at wall.org>