[PVE-User] Migration target node in case of shutdown

Maximilian Hill mhill at inett.de
Thu Apr 14 12:50:09 CEST 2022

Hello Stefan,

the reason I'm asking, is, that I ran into a case, in which the
priorities were all equal (not set), but all VMs were tried to migrate
from two nodes to the same node of a 8 node cluster.

This by itself wouldn't really be a problem, but qemu managed to
allocate all the memory for the VMs, so no migration failed to start.
Then the VMs used the memory and the OOM started to kill VMs and other
processes.

In this special case, we have a temporary workaround in place:
- No swap
- vm.overcommit_memory = 2
- vm.overcommit_ratio = 99

This of course is not a nice solution at all.

Best regards,
Max