[PVE-User] proxmox-restore - performance issues

Gregor Burck gregor at aeppelbroe.de
Fri Sep 17 11:29:21 CEST 2021

Hi,

I've setup an pve/pbs on the same machine:

HP DL380 Gen9

E5-2640 v3 @ 2.60GHz (2 x 8 core)
256 GB RAM
2x 1TB SAMSUNG NVME PM983
12x 8 TB HP SAS HDDs

I create with HDDs and NVME an zfs Raid10.

I still got restore rates of 50 MB/s on one restore job.
If I start multiple jobs parallel the single rate is still on this
rate, but I see with iotop that the summary rate is even higher (max
around 200 MB/s.

When I use htop for the CPU utilisation it seems that an single Job
run only on one core, even when there are multiple tasks.

So I searching the bottle neck, it realy seems not the HDDs.

Any idea so long?

Thank for every,..

Bye

Gregor