Ceph 16 upgrade warning also valid for proxmox users?

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Fri Nov 19 09:36:44 CET 2021

Hi Harald,

We have 2 clusters upgraded to Pacific, they're working well although we
had an issue triggered by Proxmox 7 cluster instability and Ceph didn't
recover very well. (see my previous posts)

You won't hit data-lossing bug if you don't trigger it after upgrading,
that is the current understanding here and on Ceph user mailing list.

Anyway I recommend not to upgrade to Pacific yet, we stopped upgrading
clusters we manage until Pacific is more mature.

Cheers