[PVE-User] Removing Node from Cluster A and adding to Cluster B

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 02:09:42 CET 2021

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 09:20:37 +0100
From: Eneko Lacunza <elacunza at binovo.es>
To: pve-user at lists.proxmox.com
Subject: Re: [PVE-User] Removing Node from Cluster A and adding to
	Cluster B

Hi JR,

El 16/11/21 a las 4:25, JR Richardson escribi?:
> Quick question I hope, I have two productions cluster running PVE6 and
> working fine, 13 node in one, 4 in another. Bother clusters have
> separate switch VLANs and IP space so they are logically isolated. I
> have a need to shift a couple of nodes from my larger cluster to my
smaller cluster.

> My question is after I remove the nodes from one cluster, I'm reading
> best practice is to re-install PVE from scratch before adding back to
> the cluster. But this is to add it back to the same cluster or is this
> best practice regardless of adding to new cluster as well?

As I understand it, reinstall is recommended for both cases. I don't think
trying otherwise is worth it, multiple issues can arise.

Cheers

Eneko Lacunza
Zuzendari teknikoa | Director t?cnico
Binovo IT Human Project

Hi Eneko,

Appreciate the feedback, that is precisely what I did and didn't have any
issues.

Thanks.

JR