[PVE-User] Removing Node from Cluster A and adding to Cluster B

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 04:25:55 CET 2021

Hey Folks,

Quick question I hope, I have two productions cluster running PVE6 and
working fine, 13 node in one, 4 in another. Bother clusters have separate
switch VLANs and IP space so they are logically isolated. I have a need to
shift a couple of nodes from my larger cluster to my smaller cluster.

My question is after I remove the nodes from one cluster, I'm reading best
practice is to re-install PVE from scratch before adding back to the
cluster. But this is to add it back to the same cluster or is this best
practice regardless of adding to new cluster as well?

Thanks.

JR