[PVE-User] Excluding individual vdisks from PVE backups?

Frank Thommen f.thommen at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon Nov 8 13:07:10 CET 2021

Dear all,

we are doing daily backups of every VM in our PVE cluster to the
internal Ceph storage (snapshot mode, ZSTD compression).  However one of
the VMs takes six to seven hours for the backup, which is unbearable and
also interferes with other backup processes.  The delay is probably due
to a 50% filled 500G vdisk attached to the VM.  Is there a way to
exclude this specific vdisk from the PVE backup schedule, while still
retaining the rest of the VM in the backup?

We don't have PBS in place and will not have it in the near future for
different reasons. So PBS would not be an option for us.

Cheers, Frank