[PVE-User] protection against thin pools running out of space.

Leandro Roggerone leandro at tecnetmza.com.ar
Mon May 31 19:08:02 CEST 2021

Hi guys ,following message apears whean creating new VM.

WARNING: You have not turned on protection against thin pools running out
of space.
WARNING: Set activation/thin_pool_autoextend_threshold below 100 to trigger
automatic extension of thin pools before they get full.
Logical volume "vm-127-disk-0" created.
WARNING: Sum of all thin volume sizes (<3.36 TiB) exceeds the size of thin
pool pve/data and the amount of free space in volume group (763.07 GiB).
TASK OK

Please confirm if my understanding is correct: If my current running VMs
storages grow to configured limit , I will reach server physical limit
(3.36TB).
So , what is the autoextend_threshold for ? Any advice about that ? Thanks.

Libre
de virus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>