[PVE-User] Export an image contained in ceph store

Stefan Reiter s.reiter at proxmox.com
Thu Mar 11 16:22:48 CET 2021

On 11/03/2021 15:59, Gregor Burck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a little bit forward.
>
> with 'rbd list cephpool' could I see the 'images', with rbd export there
> is the possybility to export it to a file.
>
> But the syntax isn't clear to copy it to the local mounted USB disc.

'rbd export' gives you the raw data, you can just pipe that into where
you want it? E.g. 'rbd export -p cephpool export vm-XXX-disk-Y - >
/mnt/usbdisk/file.raw'

Or if you want to overwrite your entire usb disk with it:
'rbd export -p cephpool export vm-XXX-disk-Y - > /dev/sdX' (make
*really* sure you got the right device ;)

You should be able access snapshots with the '@' syntax, i.e.
'vm-xxx-disk-Y at snapname'.

Hope that helps,

~ Stefan