[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 7.0 (beta) released!
w.bumiller at proxmox.com
Tue Jun 29 14:27:52 CEST 2021
> On 06/29/2021 2:04 PM Mark Schouten <mark at tuxis.nl> wrote:
> Op 29-06-2021 om 12:31 schreef Thomas Lamprecht:
> >> I do not completely understand why that fixes it though. Commenting out MACAddressPolicy=persistent helps, but why?
> > Because duplicate MAC addresses are not ideal, to say the least?
> That I understand. :)
> But, the cluster interface works when bridge_vlan_aware is off,
> regardless of the MacAddressPolicy setting.
Yep, this may actually need more investigation, as I also had this issue on a single PVE VM on my ArchLinux host.
- definitely no duplicate mac addresses there
- no MAC related firewall settings
- network traffic *routed* off of a bridge on the host (so the final physical nic being an intel one should also not influence this)
- works when disabling `bridge-vlan-aware`
- still works when enabling vlan filtering via /sys after the fact
- also works with MACAddressPolicy commented out *regardless* of `bridge-vlan-aware`...
Also tried using systemd-networkd for the bridge in place of ifupdown2.
Same behavior when toggling `VLANFiltering` in the [Bridge] section...
Also note that similar to manually enabling vlan filtering via /sys, simply enabling `VLANFiltering` and restarting `systemd-networkd` does not actually break it, only if I delete the bridge first and then let systemd-network recreate it from scratch it'll be broken...
More information about the pve-user