[PVE-User] Fw: Proxmox VE 7.0 (beta) released!

Stoiko Ivanov s.ivanov at proxmox.com
Tue Jun 29 11:58:03 CEST 2021

Forwarding to list - mistakenly did not reply-all:

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 10:50:40 +0200
From: Stoiko Ivanov <s.ivanov at proxmox.com>
To: Mark Schouten <mark at tuxis.nl>
Subject: Re: [PVE-User] Proxmox VE 7.0 (beta) released!

Hi Mark,

Thanks!

hm - intel nics - a few questions:
* did you run this machine with pve 6.X with the pve-kernel-5.4 or with
  pve-kernel-5.11 - and did it work?
* if possible could you boot this/a similar machine with pve 6.x and
  pve-kernel-5.11 (this might help us narrow this down to kernel vs.
  remaining system)

* my colleagues and I have gut-feeling, that it might be related to:
  https://sources.debian.org/src/bridge-utils/1.7-1/debian/NEWS/#L3-L23
  (see also the release-notes:
  https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_7.0_beta1)
* could you try to remove the persistent mac-address? (copy
  /lib/systemd/network/99-default.link to /etc/systemd/network/  and
  comment out the last line and reboot)

Thanks!
stoiko