[PVE-User] E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 15:41:35 CEST 2021

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 8:11 PM Faris Raouf via pve-user
<pve-user at lists.proxmox.com> wrote:

> [...]

See the following info seen from the console/shell within Proxmox web UI:

root at pve:~# apt -f install
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a'
to correct the problem.

And the following info seen under ssh terminal:

werner at X10DAi:~$ ssh root at 192.168.10.254
The authenticity of host '192.168.10.254 (192.168.10.254)' can't be established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:s6hATbCfE+vH/h2HBl2RcKJM4xHwjfXiF5mt/c8igog.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no/[fingerprint])? yes
Warning: Permanently added '192.168.10.254' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
root at 192.168.10.254's password:
Linux pve 5.4.73-1-pve #1 SMP PVE 5.4.73-1 (Mon, 16 Nov 2020 10:52:16
+0100) x86_64

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Thu Jun 24 21:36:35 2021
root at pve:~# apt -f install
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a'
to correct the problem.
root at pve:~#

HY