[PVE-User] WG: Problem with OSD and rrdcached (I think)

Christoph Weber Christoph.Weber at xpecto.com
Fri Jun 18 08:25:54 CEST 2021

> At last I tried to destroy and recreate the OSDs. When I tried to
> recreate it, I got a lot of errors from rrdcached:

I think the relevant error line is this the one before the rrdcached messages:

stderr: /usr/bin/ceph-osd: error while loading shared libraries: 00881:353989632:757542912

Seems there is a shared library missing for the ceph installation which is required bei the ceph-osd binary.

Try to call it directly to see more ( -h for help):

   /usr/bin/ceph-osd -h

The rrdcache errors afterwards are either irrelevant, have the same origin or at least a similar problem.

Maybe you need to fsck your root filesystem and see if apt shows any errors.

   apt-get check

regards
 christoph