[PVE-User] Proxmox questions/features

Alex K rightkicktech at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 11:00:19 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I've been assessing Proxmox for the last couple of days, coming from a
previous experience with oVirt. The intent is to switch to this solution if
most of the features are covered.

The below questions might have been put again, though searching the forum
or online I was not able to find any specific reference or not sure if the
feedback is still relevant.

- When adding a gluster volume I see that the UI provides an option for a
secondary server. In case I have a 3 replica glusterfs setup where I need
to add two backup servers as below, how can this be defined?

backup-volfile-servers=node1,node2

- I've read that qemu does use *libgfapi* when accessing VM disks on
glusterfs volumes. Can someone confirm this? I tried to find out the VM
configs that may reference this detail but was not able to do so.

- I have not seen any *load balancing/scheduling* feature being provided
and looking through the forum it seems that this is still missing. Is there
any future plan to provide such a feature. By load balancing I mean to
automatically balance VMs through the available hosts/nodes depending on a
set policy (CPU load, memory load or other).

Thanx for reading and appreciate any feedback,

Alex