[PVE-User] Guest LVM2 overhead/usefulness for thin storages (Ceph, ZFS)

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Thu Jul 1 15:35:15 CEST 2021

We continue to use LVM in VMs too. It adds flexibility in how you add
additional storage to the VM (you could add a second disk from a
different storage for example, an merge to root LV or whatever).

Also, extending partitions after growing disk is only possible on last
partition, and it has been a bit tricky to do so until recently on some
distros.

So can you avoid needing to use it? Sure.

Could you make use of it in some situations? Yes, of course.