[PVE-User] PBS Success Story

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 02:50:53 CEST 2021

Well last night I screwed up big time - managed to delete the boot disk
for our AD server. Fortunately we've been running daily backups since
switching to PBS, seeing as that's actually feasible now.

Less fortunately, the AD server has 1.7TB of data on it, takes about 11
hours to restore - we don't have a high end setup :) But the live
restore really saved my bacon! started the restore, the AD server booted
just fine. Was a slow as a dog for the first few minutes, but it was
actually usable. Restore finally finished this morning, all back to normal.

Live restores are an amazing feature, thanks Proxmox!

--
Lindsay