[PVE-User] Proxmox

Alain Péan alain.pean at c2n.upsaclay.fr
Mon Jan 11 10:00:16 CET 2021

Hi all,

Le 11/01/2021 à 09:36, nada a écrit :

> 1. boot to RAID controller manager and configure
>    3 hdd = RAID5
>    2 hdd = RAID1
>    1 hdd GlobalHotSpare
> 2. boot to ISO proxmox and install
>    ZFS over that raid5 (use whole space)
> 3. create filesystem 'backup' over that raid1 (mirror)
>    e.g ext4 in LVM2
> 4. add filesystem 'backup' to proxmox storage
> 5. nagios and mailserver may be created in CTs (containers)

Personnaly, I would do a Raid 10 with all the disk (3*2, ~900 Go of
storage). Better performance and security, and install Proxmox on the
whole volume.

I would not backup on the same server.

Note that it is not very secure to use only one server for all, and for
example for mail server, which is quite critical. It would be better to
have a real cluster with at least three nodes... Power Edge R730 is
relativey old, is it still under maintenance from Dell ?

My two cents...

Alain

--
Administrateur Système/Réseau
C2N Centre de Nanosciences et Nanotechnologies (UMR 9001)