[PVE-User] Proxmox

Gilberto Ferreira gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 11:41:40 CET 2021

Hi
> 1. boot to RAID controller manager and configure
>     3 hdd = RAID5
>     2 hdd = RAID1
>     1 hdd GlobalHotSpare
> 2. boot to ISO proxmox and install
>     ZFS over that raid5 (use whole space)

Mix RAID and ZFS is not a good idea, ZFS needs to deal directly with disk.

My advice is to install Proxmox in a RAID-1 and then use the other
disks with RAID-5 as a VM storage (LVM-Thin for instance, or even
XFS). In this way, the VMS will be safe in the 2d arrangement.

Best regards
---
Gilberto Nunes Ferreira
(47) 99676-7530 - Whatsapp / Telegram