PBS backup/restore issue

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Thu Feb 25 09:58:54 CET 2021

Hi!

El 24/2/21 a las 20:03, Thomas Lamprecht escribió:
> On 24.02.21 12:53, Eneko Lacunza wrote:

> [snip]
>
>> My original restores were to a ceph storage (r2 on HDD with SSD journal/DB). So i have restored again both, to that ceph storage:
> [snip]
>
>> Hope this info helps you to replicate the issue.
> FYI: Stefan could replicate it and send a patch[0] which is included now.
>
> It boiled down to caches not being flushed to disk for storage attached through
> user-space libraries (vs. kernel) by QEMU in the PBS restore case.
>
> In your case you probably do not have the "KRBD" checkbox ticked for the Ceph
> storage entry in PVE, so the user-space librbd is used for accessing that storage
> through QEMU, where this issue then hit on restore.
>
> If you want to try the fix out, there's a new QEMU package available on pvetest:
>
> http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve/dists/buster/pvetest/binary-amd64/pve-qemu-kvm_5.2.0-2_amd64.deb
> sha256sum: 6a086e0b669447f0b8a7899f9194a26785e6b0070f3dec1be4f95067bc707c7a

Yes I saw Stefan's patch on pve-dev (and his CC), I looked to patch it
myself until I realized it was on a C source ;)

Thanks for publishing to pve-test so fast. I just installed that package
and its dependency:
http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve/dists/buster/pvetest/binary-amd64/libproxmox-backup-qemu0_1.0.3-1_amd64.deb

on that node, and can confirm IT IS FIXED for me. Tried with both ceph
storages, both report correct sha256sum now.

Thanks a lot!!

--

      EnekoLacunza

Director Técnico | Zuzendari teknikoa

Binovo IT Human Project

	943 569 206 <tel:943 569 206>

	elacunza at binovo.es <mailto:elacunza at binovo.es>

	binovo.es <//binovo.es>

	Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2 izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun

youtube <https://www.youtube.com/user/CANALBINOVO/>
	linkedin <https://www.linkedin.com/company/37269706/>