[PVE-User] Backup Failing sporadically due to "PBS backups are not supported by the running QEMU version"

Ralf Storm ralf.storm at konzept-is.de
Fri Feb 5 10:43:34 CET 2021

Hello,

I have this Error first time ca. 2 weeks ago when backing up the biggest
of our 70 vms : "PBS backups are not supported by the running QEMU
version. Please make sure you've installed the latest version and the VM
has been restarted"

We have a Subscription and are on the newest updates.

The only thing thats helps ist to shutdown the VM and reboot the whole
Node on which the VM is runninng. Shutdown, waiting for the quemu to
stop and then restart does not help, migrating to another Node does not
help. Shutdown and migrate to another Node does not help.

And this happens onyto this one VM, the other more than 70 VMs are not
affected.

The storage is ceph in Proxmox.

--
Ralf Storm