[PVE-User] SDN issues in 6.4

Daniel Berteaud daniel at firewall-services.com
Wed Apr 28 14:10:19 CEST 2021

Hi.

Just upgraded a small 3 nodes cluster to 6.4 today. This cluster used the SDN feature with a single VLAN zone, and a few vnets (each one of the vnets using a VLAN tag, and not VLAN-aware themself).
I see several issues regarding SDN since the upgrade :

    * The biggest issue is that in Datacenter -> SDN I only see a single node (with the status "available"). The other two do not appear anymore. Without paying attention, I clicked on the "Apply" button. This wiped the /etc/network/interfaces.d/sdn file on the 2 nodes which do not appear anymore, and reloaded their network stack. Needless to say it was a complete failure as all the VM attached to one of those vnets lost network connectivity. I've manually copied this /etc/network/interfaces.d/sdn file from the only working node to the other two for now, but I can't make any change from the GUI now or it'll do the same again
    * In Datacenter -> SDN -> Zones, my single zone didn't appear anymore. No Zone were displayed at all. But the Vnets correctly showed they were attached to my zone. /etc/pve/sdn/zones.cfg correctly had my zone defined here. I tried adding it again from the GUI, which seemed to work. The only change it made to /etc/pve/sdn/zones.cfg is the new "ipam: pve" option added to the existing zone

Anyone know what could be wrong ? Why would 2 (out of 3) nodes not showing up in the SDN status anymore ?

The 3 nodes are fully up to date using the no-subscription repo, here's the complete pveversion :

pve-manager/6.4-4/337d6701 (running kernel: 5.4.106-1-pve)
root at pvo5:~# pveversion -v
proxmox-ve: 6.4-1 (running kernel: 5.4.106-1-pve)
pve-manager: 6.4-4 (running version: 6.4-4/337d6701)
pve-kernel-5.4: 6.4-1
pve-kernel-helper: 6.4-1
pve-kernel-5.4.106-1-pve: 5.4.106-1
pve-kernel-5.4.103-1-pve: 5.4.103-1