PBS backups on files

Simone Piccardi piccardi at truelite.it
Tue Apr 20 18:04:06 CEST 2021

Hi,

I just installed lasta version of Proxmox Backup System, where there is
a new Tape Backup section. That's a good news, but it seems that is
necessary to have tape driver, and that's not possible to use a simple
file as destination for the backup.

Just having only a removable cassette disk and not a tape the feature
(which seemd very well made) is unfortunately useless to me.

Since a removable disk is generally a simple and cheap solution for
off-site backups, is there any possibility to extend this feature to
save data on an ordinary file?

Greetings
Simone
--
Simone Piccardi                                 Truelite Srl
piccardi at truelite.it (email/jabber)             Via Monferrato, 6