[PVE-User] PVE 6.2 Strange cluster node fence

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Wed Apr 14 11:21:09 CEST 2021

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 11:04:10 +0200
Eneko Lacunza via pve-user <pve-user at lists.proxmox.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Yesterday we had a strange fence happen in a PVE 6.2 cluster.
>
> Cluster has 3 nodes (proxmox1, proxmox2, proxmox3) and has been
> operating normally for a year. Last update was on January 21st 2021.
> Storage is Ceph and nodes are connected to the same network switch
> with active-pasive bonds.
>
> proxmox1 was fenced and automatically rebooted, then everything
> recovered. HA restarted VMs in other nodes too.
>
> proxmox1 syslog: (no network link issues reported at device level)
I have seen this occasionally and every time the cause was high network
load/network congestion which caused token timeout. The default token
timeout in corosync IMHO is very optimistically configured to 1000 ms
so I have changed this setting to 5000 ms and after I have done this I
have never seen fencing happening caused by network load/network
congestion again. You could try this and see if that helps you.

PS. my cluster communication is on a dedicated gb bonded vlan.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xD3C9A00E
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE501F51C
mir <at> miras <dot> org
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE3E80917
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
When I woke up this morning, my girlfriend asked if I had slept well.
I said, "No, I made a few mistakes."
		-- Steven Wright