[PVE-User] link down for network interface

Chris Hofstaedtler | Deduktiva chris.hofstaedtler at deduktiva.com
Thu Apr 8 00:03:19 CEST 2021

* Leandro Roggerone <leandro at tecnetmza.com.ar> [210407 17:25]:
> Hi guys ...
Please consider that more than one gender exists.

> Yesterday was working on my datacenter cabling my new proxmox network
> interfaces.
> I connected a network port to my mikrotik router.
> Before coming home I checked network linked condition and physically was ok
> , both leds blinking on both side , router and server nic. (eno1)
> Now , working remotely can see that server interface has no link.
> Very strange since interface at router is up.
> Any idea ? I never seen something similar (one side  link ok  and the other
> is down).

> root at pve2:~# ip link
[..]
> 4: eno1: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq master vmbr2
> state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
>     link/ether 40:a8:f0:2a:18:80 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
>
> as you can see eno1 is down ... while can see link up on the other
> connected side.

You did not tell us the brand and make or driver of that network
card. Some Intel cards are known to be extremely picky about autoneg
and power save settings, (short) cables, etc.

Best luck,
Chris

--
Chris Hofstaedtler / Deduktiva GmbH (FN 418592 b, HG Wien)
www.deduktiva.com / +43 1 353 1707