[PVE-User] Change the private FQDN of pve node.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 10:25:51 CEST 2021

Currently, I'm running only one pve node on one of my intranet machine
which using the following hosts file configuration:

----<quote>-----
# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
#https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Renaming_a_PVE_node
192.168.10.254 pve.lan pve

::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
----</quote>-----

For compatibility and scalability, I intend to switch to the following
domain name:

pve1.pve.lan

For this purpose, I changed the following two files as below:

/etc/hosts:
192.168.10.254 pve1.pve.lan pve1

/etc/hostname:
pve1

I'm not sure if the above is enough. Any hints will be highly appreciated.

Regards
--
Assoc. Prof. Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao at gmail.com>
Theory and Simulation of Materials