[PVE-User] 2 node cluster

Ivan Dimitrov hipantcii at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:50:24 CEST 2020

Hi,

It is possible but not recommended ;)
Option 1 is to use a Raspberry Pi or something similar to create a 3-rd
node in the cluster.
Option 2 I have the same setup and requirements as you so here is what I am
doing - assign the "master" node 2 votes and expect a total of 3. In this
case you always have quorum.
You can do this by:
- follow the guidelines in ProxMox wiki how to edit the corosync
configuration (stop the services, etc.)
- edit the configuration
- bump the configuration version
- restart the services

Of course this is not supported and you should be careful with the VM ids
on both nodes but for homelab it works perfectly.

With Best Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov