[PVE-User] asking for 5->6 upgrade feedback (meshed ceph network)

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Tue Sep 8 13:18:33 CEST 2020

Hi,

We're still on (latest) pve5/ceph, with the three-host 'mesh network'
type. (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Full_Mesh_Network_for_Ceph_Server)

Of course we want to upgrade to 6, and I would like to ask here:
anything special to watch out for? Is it considered a dangerous upgrade,
or should it normally work out fine?

We have of course studied the upgrading wiki page
(https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_5.x_to_6.0)

Just looking for some feedback of those who have done it, preferably
someone also using the full_mesh_network type for ceph.

Was it an easy upgrade..? Anything in particular to watch out for?

Thanks!

MJ