[PVE-User] Problem downloading repositories

Chris Hofstaedtler | Deduktiva chris.hofstaedtler at deduktiva.com
Thu Sep 3 16:29:07 CEST 2020

Hi,

* Rommel Rodriguez Toirac <rommelrt at nauta.cu> [200902 22:12]:
> Hello all;
>
> I use a little script to create a local repository by downloading the packages
> from the official site [download.proxmox.com] using the debmirror application,
> for this I use a server with Debian 10.5 operating system and debmirror 1:2.32
[..]
> I look at the logs and the download always interrupts saying that dists/
> buster/pve-no-subscription/binary-all/Packages.gz is missing.
[..]

> What am I doing wrong?
>
> How can I fix this and download the full repository from Debian 10 using
> debmirror?

debmirror isn't really meant for mirroring overlay repositories - it
expects a full Debian-style archive, and makes various assumptions
about it, that do not hold true for a 3rd party repo like
pve-no-subscription.

I would suggest using another tool instead. Both reprepro and aptly
are supposed to handle such jobs -- personally I've only tried
reprepro.

--
Chris Hofstaedtler / Deduktiva GmbH (FN 418592 b, HG Wien)
www.deduktiva.com / +43 1 353 1707