[PVE-User] 'HA' on a single node...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Fri Oct 16 16:46:26 CEST 2020

Mandi! Arjen via pve-user
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Maybe the watchdog option[0] can be of help? You can make the VM restart if it freezes.

Interesting... so i will add to my 'firewall' VM:

	 watchdog: model=i6300esb,action=reset

and then install and configure watchdog on the VM...

> You can also use qm agent ${VMID} ping [1] to check if the QEMU guest agent is still running in the VM.
> But you will have to do some scripting and check regularly (crontab?) and reset the VM hard if not responding
> (and also give it some time to start the QEMU guest agent).

Good also. But there's some sort of 'feedback' for unresponsive VM? I
suppose this is only a go/nogo test...

> Note that none of those methods may be perfect, but multiple together might help restarting the VM in common cases.
[...]
> Hope this helps. Maybe other people have more tips and tricks?

Probably doing the wrong thing here can be catastrophic, so i hope
someone have some more feedback.

Thanks.