[PVE-User] QEMU failing to start from the web with ZFS Over iSCSI

Daniel Berteaud daniel at firewall-services.com
Tue Oct 6 18:23:57 CEST 2020

----- Le 6 Oct 20, à 17:59, Daniel Berteaud daniel at firewall-services.com a écrit :

> Hi there.
>
> I've been migrating a few VM from an NFS storage to a ZFS over iSCSI one (using
> LIO backend) on a fully updated PVE6 cluster. Everything went fine while
> live-moving VM disks. There's also no problem starting VM from the CLI, eg
>
> qm start 105
>
> But, starting the same VM from the web interface fails with the unhelpful
> message :
>
> TASK ERROR: start failed: QEMU exited with code -1
>
> Seems there're some more checks somewhere which are failing when running through
> the web interface. How could I debug this ? I usually just start with qm or
> manually the qemu command (using the qm showcmd output), but as both are
> working here ...

Some more info :

  * This cluster was using a ZFS over iSCSI storage a few months ago, without issue
  * A VM with ZFS over iSCSI disk started with "qm start" can be migrated from the web interface (so, the start phase on the new node is not affected when done in a migration context)
  * The problem goes away as soon as I replace the ZFS over iSCSI storage with a image on an NFS server (no other change)

Regards,
Daniel

--
[ https://www.firewall-services.com/ ]