[PVE-User] Some features that I miss in the PVE WebUI

Frank Thommen f.thommen at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri May 22 16:03:01 CEST 2020

Dear all,

having worked with oVirt in the past there are some features that I am
really missing in PVE in my daily work:

a) a tabular overview over all virtual machines. This should/might also
include some performance data and the description.  See the attached
partial screenshot from oVirt, where this is implemented quite nicely.
This is /not/ to replace proper monitoring but to provide a quick
overview over the PVE-based intrastructure

a1) the possibility to provide the virtual machines and containers with
a short, one-line description

b) the possibility to use keywords from the Notes field or the
description (see a1 above) in the search box.  Our hosts are all named
<unit>-vm<vm_number> which forces us to keep a separate list for the
mapping of services to hostnames

It would be great to see these features in some future PVE release.

Cheers, Frank