[PVE-User] unable to hotplug cpulimit; cpu.* not in /sys?

leesteken at pm.me leesteken at pm.me
Sun May 17 11:35:39 CEST 2020

On Sunday, May 17, 2020 10:49 AM, <proxmox at elchaka.de> wrote:

> I am not sure if this is working with lxc...
> In Addition die you set hotplug enabled for CPU under options through the webgui for you container? I See this for all of my kvm...

I don't see any hotplug options for LXC, only for KVM. I get the error for LXC, not for KVM.
Changing the CPU limit for KVM virtual machine while it is running does not give an error, even when CPU hotplug is not enabled.

Using Proxmox 6.x, I do not see any /sys/fs/cgroup/memory/lxc/*/ns/cpu.* files, which is what changing the CPU limit (while a LXC container is running) complains about.

Now that I look at the /sys/fs-path closely, I think I can explain the error: Proxmox looks for cpu.rt_period_us in the /sys/fs/cgroup/MEMORY... , while it is actually in the /sys/fs/cgroup/CPU....
I do believe this is a typo/bug in Proxmox VE code.

kind regards, Arjen