[PVE-User] qcow2 vs raw format

Roland @web.de devzero at web.de
Mon Mar 9 14:21:16 CET 2020

 >Performance-wise, they should be almost the same. qcow2 is a bit more
complex than a raw file/partition, but I don't think you'll notice any
impact.

i did test that a while ago and got very different results, qcow2 was
much slower on my system. cannot provide details, though (did not save that)

i recommend reading
https://serverfault.com/questions/407842/incredibly-low-kvm-disk-performance-qcow2-disk-files-virtio
and compare yourself....

roland