[PVE-User] Kudo's to the Proxmox team for their ceph integration

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 16:00:10 CEST 2020

Have been revisting using ceph after trialing it several years back (ok,
but a headache to manage and performance sucked on the limited hardware
we had).

Wow, you've really put a lot of effort integrating it into proxmox, that
UI makes the setup and monitoring so easy. Outstanding work. And the
Nautilus features add two key things I really like about zfs -
transparent compression and checksumming. Bluetore does seem to have
much better performance.

Seems pretty solid to, due to my sleep deprived state, I managed to
crash/hard reboot the entire cluster *twice* today, but ceph recovered
flawlessly with no loss both times, and HA brought up my critical VM's
with no intervention (pfSense router, AD and SQL Server).

Thanks!

--
Lindsay