[PVE-User] PBS beta - encrypted PVE integrated backups

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Sat Jul 18 19:50:25 CEST 2020

On 16.07.20 13:57, Eneko Lacunza wrote:
> Found the answer in the forum:
> https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/how-to-do-encrypted-backups.72868/

FYI, if you're updated to libpvestorage-perl version 6.2-5 doing the following also
works:

# pvesm set <storage-id> --encryption-key autogen

Editing the storage.cfg cannot work because we do not save the file there
as it is readable for all usesrs in the www-data group. We save it to
the /etc/pve/priv/storage directory which is root only.

cheers,
Thomas