[PVE-User] Proxmox Backup Server (beta)

Tom Weber pve at junkyard.4t2.com
Thu Jul 16 15:03:49 CEST 2020

Am Dienstag, den 14.07.2020, 17:52 +0200 schrieb Thomas Lamprecht:

> Proxmox Backup Server effectively does that too, but independent from
> the
> source storage. We always get the last backup index and only upload
> the chunks
> which changed. For running VMs dirty-bitmap is on to improve this
> (avoids
> reading of unchanged blocks) but it's only an optimization - the
> backup is
> incremental either way.

So there is exactly one dirty-bitmap that get's nulled after a backup?

I'm asking because I have Backup setups with 2 Backup Servers at
different Locations, backing up (file-level, incremental) on odd days
to server1 on even days to server2.

Such a setup wouldn't work with the block level incremental backup and
the dirty-bitmap for pve vms + pbs, right?

Regards,
  Tom