[PVE-User] New list for PBS?

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed Jul 15 07:30:55 CEST 2020

Hi,

On 14.07.20 23:22, Mark Adams wrote:
> My simple question for this email is, Are you going to create a new mailing
> list for this? It seems to me that you should, as it is a separate
> "product" that should have it's own focus.

There's already pbs-devel for Development discussion, a user list is not yet
existent.

> I for one, would prefer to focus on pve on this list.

As, especially initially, the prime use case for Proxmox Backup Server will
be in combination with Proxmox VE, it may often be a fine line to where a mail
would belong, some would maybe even address both lists.

The beta announcement on this list gathered naturally quite a few inquiries
and discussions not always related to Proxmox VE directly, but that was to be
expected.

I think for the initial beta we'll observe how many PBS-only threads will be
made and use that to decide if it's own user list is warranted.

cheers,
Thomas